Make sure that your headphones are conected BEFORE enabeling Voice Chat in the game.
This list is meant to help fix issues that can arrise with the voice chat in the Windows version of The Chosen Demo:
Still not working.
If the headphones are connected before enabeling the voice chat in-game , and it still doesn't work, follow these steps:
1. Check microphone selection and recording volume.
Right click on the icon on the bottom right of the screen and select recording devices
Here, make sure that the correct Microphone is selected for in game use:
Select the recording device and click properties to make sure the proper recording volume is selected:
2. Please check if Microsoft speech recognition works from the control panel:
Windows 7 : Click start > control panel and look for the speech recognition
Windows 8 : press the windows key and type “control panel”, here look for speech recognition
If there is an error message showing:
Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported.
The recognizer language must match the language of the user interface. Please change the recognizer language in the Speech Recognition control panel under Advanced Options.
To fix, please try the folowing
1. Type intl.cpl in RUN or Start menu Searchbox and press Enter. It'll open Regional Settings window.
2. Now go to "Location" tab and change the location to something different and restart your system.
3. Upon reboot set the location to correct one and restart your system again.
4. Now Speech Recognition should work.
It’s a known problem in Windows Vista, 7 and 8 on non US computers.
Solution found by: Marco